On a regular basis, Sparkassenstiftung offers exciting challenges abroad.
Since its foundation, Sparkassenstiftung has seconded more than 2,000 Sparkassen (savings banks) employees to some 80 project countries. Today, over 200 staff members are working abroad in projects focusing on financial inclusion.
If you are thoroughly trained and well qualified, we can offer you attractive working opportunities:
- One- to two-week assignments as Short-term Expert on specific core fields of expertise pertaining to the banking sector,
- in special cases, assignments up to three months as Junior Short-term Expert, among others within the scope of our mutual grant programme organised in cooperation with the Eberle-Butschkau Foundation,
- assignments as Resident Long-term Expert in one of Sparkassenstiftung’s project countries, spanning over one to several years and involving close cooperation work with local project partners and representatives of German developing organisations and other institutions working on site,
- vacancies at our Bonn Head Office are published at irregular intervals.
The preconditions for working successfully in our projects are as follows: professional background in banking or finance, language skills, intercultural competences and a strong commitment.
Every applicant should be able to identify her- or himself with Sparkassenstiftung’s principles and goals. S/he should be aware of the personal challenges inherent in working in developing countries within the scope of international development cooperation.
That is why we recommend asking yourself the following questions prior to sending your application:
- Do I have a general disposition to working with people from other countries and cultures?
- Do I have the necessary personal and social competences required for this kind of work?
- Am I willing to work abroad for a longer period of time and do I have the required family support?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘yes’, we are gladly looking forward to receiving your unsolicited application, so we can add you to our expert databank, or to your application in response to current job advertisements.