Market Development Game is a highly interactive training tool for managers and high potentials who want to enhance their understanding of how to manage the branch network of a bank and how to expand the network to markets with different customer profiles.
Objectives of the interactive training:
- Develop and manage an efficient branch network with various types of branch offices and staff profiles.
- Apply customer-oriented and target-group-specific measures designed to achieve the highest possible volume of sales.
- Manage an extensive mix of marketing instruments in a bid to harness a larger share of the local market.
- Observe management board rules and budget conditions.
- Analyse market reports and internal processes.
- Raise staff performance levels through training, specialization and flexible pay.
- Create a wide range of sales structures.
Setup of the Market Development Game:
The overall objective of the Market Development Game is to experience how to manage a branch network effectively with the goal to ‘conquer’ a greater share of the local market. The virtual market is divided into three regions, each of which has its own specific potential. Participants of the training learn the crucial principles of business administration: How to use information in decision-making and to handle budget constraints and uncertainty.
The learning process is broken down into six phases:
- Participants are divided into groups. Each group is responsible for managing a regional bank network. The teams are introduced to the cover story and familiarised with the initial situation, the macroeconomic context and the market environment.
- Participants analyse financial and performance reports and decide on an overall market strategy for their region.
- A business plan is set up and managerial decisions are made in groups for up to six periods and entered into the simulation software.
- Results are simulated for the entire market based on the business decisions previously taken by the various groups.
- The simulation results are distributed to the individual teams for analysis in form of financial and performance reports.
- Together with experienced trainers the results are evaluated in transfer sessions by setting them into the context of real banking business practice.
- Participants sharpen their analytical skills by examining the viability of their corporate goals and analysing market values and trends.
- Uncoordinated actions and the use of the principle of hope give way to reflection and analysis.
- Competitors and customer groups are taken into account, goals and strategies are redefined and potential decisions are stress-tested.
- Participants learn to identify the best mix of HR, marketing, sales and organisational measures in order to achieve the highest volume of sales, while keeping expenditures within a predefined budget limit.
- Complex situations are broken down, team work is actively performed and training results are transferred into real banking business practice.
Business Games: A core module of knowledge transfer in leading financial institutions and universities
High demand and extensive training experience in many countries worldwide as well as feedback from highly satisfied customers bear witness to the success and value added of the Business Games.
Some of the banks that apply our Business Games include, inter alia:
- Bank of China and China Construction Bank (two of the most important banks in China)
- Sberbank (Russia's number one bank)
- Erste Group Bank AG (one of the leading banks in Austria with subsidiaries in Central and Southeast Europe)
- Société Generale (one of the leading banks in France with subsidiaries worldwide)
- Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe (one of the largest European Finance groups)
The brochure of the Market Development Game can be accessed here