Bank Management Game is a highly interactive training for senior and middle managers as well as for decision-makers, who want to learn in practice how to improve the performance and the stability of a financial institution.
Objectives of the interactive training:
- Experience decision-making in a team while managing time constraints and tough competition.
- Analyse financial performance data and interpret information correctly when making decisions.
- Consider facts and interrelations between a bank’s strategy, macroeconomic trends and your competitors.
- Be aware of customers’ preferences, address their needs and increase market share and profitability.
- Understand principles of liquidity management as well as overall risk management and learn to balance risks and opportunities.
- Consider the importance of staff motivation and training for the success of your institution.
- Obtain transferable knowledge and skills which can be utilised in your daily work.
Setup of the Bank Management Game:
The overall objective of the Bank Management Game is to experience how to manage a financial institution effectively by making typical business decisions in a realistic environment. Participants of the training learn the crucial principles of business administration: How to use information in decision-making, and how to handle risk and uncertainty.
The learning process is characterised by six phases:
- Participants are subdivided into groups, each group assumes the leadership of a bank. The teams are introduced to the cover story and familiarised with the initial situation, macroeconomic and banking sector environment.
- Participants analyse the financial and non-financial data of their banks and decide on the overall strategy of their institution.
- A business plan is set up and managerial decisions are made in groups for up to six periods and entered into the simulation software.
- The simulation calculates the results for the entire market, based on the management decisions made by each individual group.
- The simulation results in form of financial and non-financial reports are distributed and analysed in groups.
- Together with experienced trainers the results are evaluated in transfer sessions by setting them into the context of real banking business practice.
- Participants sharpen their analytical skills by comparing planning and reality and analysing market values and trends.
- Uncoordinated actions and the use of the principle of hope give way to reflection and analysis.
- Competitors and customer groups are taken into account, goals and strategies are redefined and potential decisions are stress-tested.
- Participants improve their capability to handle and master complex situations, they actively work together in teams and are able to utilise their gained skills in their daily banking practice.
Business Games: A core module of knowledge transfer in financial institutions and universities:
Vast demand and strong experience in many countries around the world as well as the positive feedback from highly satisfied participants are convincing proof of the success and the added value of the Bank Management Game.
Important banks using our Bank Management Game (inter alia):
- Bank of China and China Construction Bank (two of the top four Chinese banks)
- Sberbank (number one of the Russian banks)
- Erste Group Bank AG (one of the leading Austrian banks, with branches in Central and Southeast Europe)
- Société Générale (one of the leading French banks with global prominence)
- Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe (one of the strongest finance groups in Europe)
The brochure of the Bank Management Game can be accessed here